Boy oh boy, I Miss Them so.
Just take a look at that, look at how time has gone by.
I can't even remember what year that was.
Think it was, 2003? Look at us now.
We're different and we've grown so much.
To think we were once that silly.
Boy oh boy, I miss them so.
I truly miss those friendships. Going through things
together, being together and just sharing our lives.
I miss dear Sengkang 1, skone.
I miss the big group of girls who sit together,
laughing, worshipping, praying. Everything.
And I guess people grow up, they move on.
All that's left are the fond memories, the happy moments
and the unforgettable things we shared as friends :)
Though we've drifted, it doesn't mean we're no longer
friends or anything of that sort. We know we're here for
each other and that matters, so much to me.
I believe we grew as a cell, in terms of being closer.
And we grew in numbers. Not too much in terms of depth
but now that we've multiplied, I believe that will take
place in time to come :) Am looking forward to that!
I remember Megalife's Extreme camp. When Angela and Isa
came back to the cell. We were so happy that words just
couldn't explain our joy? Now, they're growing in God.
Praise God :) All things are possible because of Him.
Let everything I say and do be founded
by my faith in You, lifting holy hands
and sing, let the praises ring!
(Sidetracks) I feel like reading comtemporary literature.
Talked to Aza about books and such in the midst of
the Leaders' Conference a few weeks back.
It's awesome knowing that someone shares the same
interest with you. Books galore anyone?
I remember reading Mitch Albom's Tuesdays With
Morrie and watching The Five People I Meet In
Heaven. Love, love, love them. But sometimes,
books do better jobs than the movies.
It's okay, I can find comfort in good books
when I get my hands on Nicky's books :p
While walking home on one particular day,
I remembered something I've not reminded
myself for a pretty long while now.
The power of Praise.
Praising God even when your circumstances take
all that's in you and when you just can't go on.
And when you persevere, comes liberation :)
It sets you free, from bondage, from those chains.
Then I thought again.
There is power in the name of Jesus.
Something in my spirit's lifted each time I claim that.
And it's so indescribable. Then I came along,
Chris Tomlin's Indescribable. Bear with the italics :p
From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming
Let creation sing, I say. And let creation sing,
says the Lord. I was so blown away by this song.
So captured, unable to escape from it but to just
linger in the song. To feel the awesomeness of God,
to be so captivated in the abundance. Then,
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and
You know them by name. You are amazing God.
All powerful, untameable, Awestruck we fall to our
knees as we humbly proclaim, You are amazing God
Anyone, who has yet to feel the way I did?
The essence of the song, the power of God,
the joy and peace that secures you.
It's all God, 100%.
God has been doing so much for me, making
things work out even when I knew I wasn't
willing to do that one thing. Thinking that
the upcoming festive season would be a valid
excuse. But God taught me to be thankful,
even when I'm made to do something I don't like.
Not compromising, but actually knowing that
something's changed inside me. Having that
feeling that wants to make you wiggle, squirm
and even squig inside. That's how I felt.
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom
I'm all spoken for.
My social life feels so confined, in the context of school.
Not that church isn't a place to socialize.
But I guess there's always something to do with initiative.
Many times, I lack the courage to take the first step.
Always relying on someone else to take that step for me.
Instead of asking why, should I be asking why not?
I just feel so, sick of confining myself in my comfort zone,
though I like it in here.
I tell myself, it's time to get out, but I just don't have
that courage within me to say that I'll go in faith.
I need people, and I've learned to be there for people.
Many have come my way, and gone again, down the road.
And honestly speaking, I'm really upset about it.
People whom I care about, yet can't relate to anymore.
Then I wonder, what about them? How do they feel?
The only comfort I find, is that they have people
around them, caring for them and loving them.
I'm happy, because they're happy.
I guess, I've got so used to it that I feel numb.
Being oblivious to certain things, convincing myself
that it's okay. And because of God, I've learned.
Thank you God, for the friends You're given me
through my life on earth. Friends who have been there
to see me through issues, people who care enough to
love me. I pray that You'd bless them, lead them,
and continue to reveal Yourself to them.
In Your highest name I pray, Amen.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home